View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 10:44 PM   #49
cynicwanderer OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 555
it's been a while. there haven't been any new enduros. the season has closed out. I finished 23/208 overall, 23/54 in C-Senior and 18/27 C-SuperSr (only two events). I'm pretty happy to have finished the season as well as I did. I made some cool new friends.

this season, I will attempt to hit all enduros in the series. I'm planning on staying on only one bike (xr350r) for enduros and keeping the xr200r as a backup. I also want to race some hare scrambles and maybe some family enduros, as I have time.

I also picked up a '83 CR480R (2T Death Trap) for entering in Vintage Blue Plate class (Cross Country). the bike is in parts (the price was right) and missing a rear wheel, but doesn't seem too bad.

Vintage Blue Plate class around here is '84 and older, with drum brakes and air-cooled motor. the CR480R will be a beast to ride in a scramble (or trail); it will make riding the xr350r, like riding a play bike.

this weekend is the prairie city grand prix, which is the first race of the cross country series. a grand prix is like a hare scramble, but also includes some asphalt, which will be cool. my xr350r is mostly prepped. I had to add my rider number on the plates, which is required for cross country.
cynicwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote