View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 06:43 AM   #6346
BigCanoe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
I am that type. It's called "impulse buying" It's how I managed to buy 46 motorcycles/scooters in the past 35 years. I have a nearly new 2012 Zuma 125 with under 500 miles on it that I bought new a few months ago, and am seriously considering trading it for either a new DR200 or a TW200. The TW has certain advantages, but I have no idea how you would fix a flat on it out in the middle of nowhere. So the DR is actually more appealing. I am looking for a small bike, just big enough to be freeway legal when necessary, but don't plan on doing much freeway riding. I rode the Zuma on the freeway for 11 miles (out of necessity) and was terrified about getting busted by the cops.

The thing is, I am a big guy at 240 pounds with gear, and don't know if the DR200 can handle that, along with another 30 or so pounds of stuff. The load capacity of the Zuma is almost 350 pounds, but I can't find the load capacity of the DR anywhere. I also ride an older XT225, and fit on it just fine, but don't trust it for trips of 1000 miles or more due to it's age and condition.
I am bigger than you, and with the jet kit, it feels downright peppy! Top speed is still an issue though.