View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 05:49 AM   #32584
markk53
jack of all trades...

Oddometer: 7,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by YZEtc View Post
If anything, the Kenda K270 is a copy of the IRC GP1.
A cheap copy.

I was using IRC GP1s on my 1990 Yamaha DT-200R back in the day, and they were/are awesome tires for smooth running on the street with casual off-road use, and that's the reason I mounded the IRCs for a trip up to Mt. Washington from CT. back then.
The wheels were balanced after the tires were mounted (with an old-fashioned static balancer), and the bike was as smooth as glass for the trip up and back.

Myself, I'd recheck the balancing job with another wheel balancer.
You may be surprised.

Actually the Kenda is a "copy" of the old Yokohama, which was run as OEM on a bunch of 70s Honda dual sports. I was running the Yokohamas on my trials bike around 1983. I'm thinking Kenda may have bought the Yokohama tooling when they quit doing bike tires. Shinko got some of the tooling too.

Personally I've had great success with the Duro HF903/904, but I don't know if they're available in the correct rear size.

I have always wondered about the GP110 myself. But the Duros have done so well both on and off road, that with the price they are, I just won't change. Oh, I run them on a 650, was just nosing around in this thread.

Mark - klx678
95 KLX650C w/Vulcan piston bigbore, Now an 09 KLX250S, selling my 90 Zephyr 550
markk53 is offline   Reply With Quote