View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 08:13 AM   #4330
Dr. Zaius
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave.0 View Post
I can't comment on the new ones or the skyhook suspension. I have an early 2010 model. There were some well documented early teething pains- reflashes, pannier latches, fueling issues... Surprisingly I never really had any real complaints about the fueling after the initial 600 mile service. The biggest issue I had was needing a new shock ecu for the ohlin suspension when I had the DES preload error thing. Nothing ever stopped me from riding or was I ever stranded anywhere. I changed the oil at about 3500 miles, but other than that have just followed the factory recs - 7500,15000,22500,30000. I changed the chain and sprockets at about 28500 miles when the chain developed a tight spot. That's it. Currently at about 33500. I'd ride it anywhere without worry. The only thing I would change on the bikes is the scorpion trails, unless you like fixing flats.
This is precisely the kind of news I was hoping to hear. I totally understand the "little stuff" that happens on all bike models. Hearing 34k miles and counting on a multistrada 1200 makes me smile. It sounds like it is going to cost me about $20,000...but I'm sure my smile will only get bigger.
Dr. Zaius is offline   Reply With Quote