View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #15
jasonmt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 378
"FHF": Former Honda Faithful; Those of us that realize(d) that Honda's glory days are well past them and that the company is ran by Bean Counters, Lawyers and "Brand Managers" and have moved on to other marques and no longer have garages, sheds or shops full of Red.

In my case the Honda quad has been replaced with a Can-Am, my Honda dirt bike has been replaced with a KTM and then a Husqvarna, SWMBO Honda dirt bike has been replaced with a TM and my beloved VFR 800 was replaced with a Ninja 1000. The little, little bastards XR 100 is getting replaced with a Yamaha TTR 230 and my Honda inverter genset has been replaced by a Yamaha.

In all the cases when looking at the replacement models for the Hondas replacing a Honda with another Honda was going to leave us with a vehicle that was any / some of or all of the following:

Overpriced (compared to similar models from other manufacturers), antiquated (in the case of their quads and dirt bikes still running carbs), not available in Honda's lineup (TM EN144) or that had really strayed from their previous models (VFR 800 to VFR 1200).

The fit and finish on their newer stuff just does not seem to be near what it was and to qualify this statement in the past two years I have bought a new quad, two new dirt bikes, a 650 class dual sport, a Ninja 1000 and a 3kw inverter genset.
jasonmt is online now   Reply With Quote