View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #4334
Dave.0
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Zaius View Post
If you we're in my shoes and looking to make a purchase in the next 60-90 days...would you go for a discounted 2011-2012 model or pop on the 2013 with the twin spark and skyhook options?
Well, there are many variables to consider in this question, and I haven't ridden the new one, but in typical Internet fashion I'll take a stab at this.

I'd get the previous model with the ohlins. It's a super sweet set-up and I can't imagine the new suspension can be that much better, and I don't really like the idea that the "feel"of the suspension changes as you ride, but like I said I've never tried it so it might be good. But I do know that the ohlins are pretty amazing. That may be because I weigh about 160 pounds and it seems sprung just about perfect, I don't know. As I said earlier my bike never seemed to have fueling problems, and it certainly has more than enough power, so I can't imagine the new one is worth the difference in money, and I'd probably get the previous model even if money weren't even an issue.

I don't think you could go wrong here, either way - ride and decide and don't look back.
Dave.0 is offline   Reply With Quote