View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #26
cdwise
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by samthg View Post
Ahhhhh, now you did it, another option. THANK YOU!!

So I'm running around doing errands for work, and I end up in the Santa Monica Piaggio dealer. I find out the BV500 is no longer. Now it is the BV350. This may be the ticket. A decent mid-weight scoot with great power and a solid name. The up right sitting posistion feels like my RT(I was sitting on a used 250?, that is suppose to be similar). The dealer had 5 just a short time ago, but they were gobbled up in no time. They hope to get one at the end of the month.

I did look at the SYM300 last week, and I suppose these two bikes are similar in ergo's.

BTW, I did link up to your blog. Great reading, I really enjoyed it. I now realize, I'll be carrying an extra rear tire when traveling.
I still need up add the updates for my ride to Amerivespa in Lake Geneva, WI last summer. That was quite a sweep of 4,600 miles from door to door. Took the BV 500 instead of the Scarabeo on that one but this time made arrangements to switch out the rear tire during Amerivespa. Of course, it is now time for a major service before next long trip.

Left Breckenridge, CO up through Wyoming to Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse over to Sturgis (picked up a t-shirt for when I'm riding with my friends on their Harleys) through the Badlands over to Lake Geneva. Then down to Chicago where I picked up a flight out for a couple days of work leaving the BV in airport garage parking. Left Midway and went up to the Lake Express Ferry Michigan side across back to WI. Through North Dakota including Theodore Roosevelt National Park then I went down through Yellowstone and Grand Tetons back to Breckenridge.

Oh and neither I nor my dealers have ever had a serious problem getting Piaggio parts. The only thing I ever had to wait more than a couple days for was a new speedo replaced under warrant. Even that wouldn't have taken more than a week except it was the first of August when Italy basically shuts down. Part came in first part of September but it didn't stop me from riding, just judged speed by vehicles around me or gps.

cdwise screwed with this post 01-19-2013 at 04:51 PM
cdwise is offline   Reply With Quote