View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #1
jgrady1982 OP
Studly Adventurer
jgrady1982's Avatar
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Oddometer: 783
Making my AK pistol into an SBR with an LLC?

So I was able to pick up an AK pistol the other day. I want to add a folding stock and make it into a SBR.

I have the ATF From 1 (Application to Make and Register a Firearm) completed and ready to go. The only thing that I needed was the chief law enforcement officer to sign off on it....which he did not. That is a whole other topic and discussion.

I went to the police department on Friday and no dice, he would not do it and the chief of police is not back until Tuesday. So naturally I was upset. But then I began to read that I can get the tax stamp as an individual, as a trust or as a corporation.

My wife and I own an LLC. So my question is this, how do I send away for the tax stamp through my LLC?

I have the blue FBI fingerprint card filled out, as well as the proof of citizenship document.

Here is the link to the "Form 1" ATF document:

I want to send all these documents out by Tuesday, but I am not 100% sure on how to do this as an LLC. Do I need a different "application to make and register a firearm" document if I am going to do this as an LLC?

If not, and this "From 1" is the correct form, do I just check the box this application is being submitted "as a corporation or other business entity" and then send in my state of Ohio document with the state seal that I own the LLC? And by checking the box that I am sending this in as a corporation do I just not get the CLEO signature since I checked off the corporation submission route?

I just dont want to send this all in with my $200 check and then make a simple mistake and they send it back to me and I have to start the process all over again.

Any help is very appreciated.

Here is the pic of the pistol in question....


jgrady1982 is offline   Reply With Quote