View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 02:42 AM   #6629
Captain115
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Club View Post
I've been rebuilding my XR, and had the same question, mounted it both ways and for me the sprocket sat best with the lumpy side OUT it aligned good with the nylon chain slider and with my fierce eye of precision It did too with the rear sprocket..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino3310 View Post
i install mine with the lumpy written side out I assume that's the norm.
Thanks, I took your suggestions and did it that way, although it means that there is a gap between the locking mechanism and the sprocket (where the bolts go through). Doesn't seem like it would come off or anything (thanks Loctite) but does seem odd. Also, I noticed there was some forward and back play on the sprocket, as in I could move it about 2mm in and out on the counter shaft. Didn't really worry me but I thought I'd check this up, just in case.

Now, I wanted to properly look at my front pads so took them out and they are pretty worn, probably will replace them while I'm here. But more importantly, I had a look at the brake pistons, and the tops seem really chipped and cracked. Plus they seem to have an asbestos-type material in the centre of them)?

Could anyone tell me if a) these are still good or stuffed and b) why they don't look like other photos I've seen of XR6 brake pistons?

Cheers,

John
Captain115 is offline   Reply With Quote