View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 07:47 AM   #1538
Gham
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncobowsher View Post
Went out for a pratice ride in the backyard after work today. First time since I got the CTI brace.
Starting off the brace was VERY noticable, especially while trying to start the bike. Finally got the bike started. Started putzing around the yard, hard turns lock to lock weaving around trees, logs, assorted junk. Then over some of the stuff.

A few things I quickly realized I forgot.
How to ride, clutch control, riding smooth, how to do a simple hop and the knee brace. I really like that last one. I rode around for just a short time and went and put the bike away before it was too dark. Got off the bike and then remember I had the brace on. That was ! If I can forget that it is there in such a short time the first time I wore it then it must fit pretty good.

Now to work on those skills that all went away over the past half year and knee surgery. I think by the time I get back up to speed the blown ACL and resulting surgery will be a year long speed bump. More peg time, watching the training DVD many more times, get the basics down again.
Glad to hear your on the road to recovery,mind if I ask what training video your referring to? I could go for some winter reading/viewing and I have a birthday coming up.My wife never knows what to get me so I usually just grab something small (tires/fork springs ect...) for myself and we're both happy.

Society Historicus Revisioniscus
Gham is offline   Reply With Quote