View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 01:41 PM   #93
rick3foxes OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRider View Post
I just watched the first six, and then had the same message for #7.. I'm on a iPad also..
Rick, these are fantastic videos. I've wanted to go to Alaska for years. We are heading up this summer. I'm already losing sleep think/dreaming about it. Your videos (at least the first six, only increase the anticipation!)

I noticed you seem to just cruise on over the metal grate and plank bridges, wet or dry. I've been over a few and had the same approach, but in many of the Alaska RRs, posters have discussed how challenging they are. Were they as "puckering" as described?

Jeff
No, not really... I never experienced any "wandering"on the steel grate bridges, especially compared to the slick mud. Somebody pointed out that I didn't do the "look-down" thing with the camera on the Mackinac Bridge.
I think that's because it was the first one I crossed that actually had traffic.
And the GoPro camera seems to exaggerate the speed a bit. I wasn't really going at normal highway speed on the wet ones.

I've looked at Part7 and I get the same message on the iPad, but it works fine on the PC.

When I uploaded the videos, I got some YouTube warnings on Part1 and Part4: "Your video may include music that is owned by a third party."
But Part7 has a comment that says "Video blocked in some countries".
I guess it has something to do with the way Apple filters that stuff.

Anyway, I was just too lazy to go back and remove all the music and start uploading again...

IBA #34583
2003 Connie
"...I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep." - Frost
rick3foxes is offline   Reply With Quote