I used to use the Hubb a fair bit for researching my trips.
As I recall, after crossing Tibet on my Hotian 150cc, I was looking for a bike for my upcoming S. America trip. I wanted a bike like a BMW GS that was more reliable and cheap to maintain (ie: a Japanese bike). On the hubb, I found out about the Transalp and the Yamaha XT 660. I then typed all these bikes into the google and up came the beasts forum. I lurked awhile and then joined soon after.
• Indian Himalaya:Gangotri-Shimla-Manali-Pavarti-Spiti-Leh-Kargil-Padum-Sringhar-Daramsala (3 mo.--2x)
• Kazakstan-Krygyzstan-Tajikistan-Xin Xiang to Lhasa, Tibet on China 219!-Nepal (7 months)
• Santiago, Chile to Ushuia Argentina and up to Cusco, Peru (7 months)
• Peruvian Andes (3 months)
• N Chile - Medellin, Colombia (3 months) ••• Cartegena, CO to N Chile (3 months)