View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #104
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Oddometer: 2,223
I've been busy all weekend working on an updated version of the 8 channel Bluetooth PDU. After testing the current version you've seen in the videos, I've made some performance updates. I've also added 2 channels of true hardware constant current. Those two channels will be selectable as a constant current source or traditional fused circuit. You cannot do both, so if you short circuit a constant current source it will just source however many amps you tell it to. This may be a fire hazard but it does have utility. I would not use constant current without specific need, but when you need it, you really need it.

I have more testing to do with with a version of the hardware I just received in the mail on Thursday. When that testing is complete, I'll be making any changes necessary to this version and I think we will be very close to a final prototype. This version is a little bit bigger. It is 3" wide instead of 2.93" wide. The performance improvements were worth the modest size increase. I did have to make the board 4 layers which is more expensive but the board is WAY to crowded to be 2 layer any longer.

craftycoder is offline   Reply With Quote