View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #1602
snooker
AttitudeIsEverything

Oddometer: 1,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
Toldlady, and Annamarie,

As you have seen, we are one large, diverse, and kinda dysfunctional family around here.

And now, you're part of it (whether you like it or not).

Just because Lyndon finished his race, doesn't mean that we wouldn't be happy to have you stay with us. Stay with us here on the board, or if you ever come to town, mi casa es su casa.

When I travel, I stay in hotels because I choose to, not out of need. We have people everywhere, and are always interested in seeing those friends we haven't met yet.

Few people start out in this niche, 'adventure riding'. Almost all of us come from different riding backgrounds. Mine was offroad racing, then road racing, then touring, then into this 'what's down that path' mode. So we are, for the most part, experienced riders, tend to be professionals in our fields, and folks that will do anything for a friend we haven't met yet, because...it's in our nature to do so.

Many diverse backgrounds here. I was a soldier for 27 years, now retired, living in Canada. We have plumbers and surgeons, lawyers and factory workers, and even let in engineers.

All this to say: You are welcome here, and it is hoped that we will hear from you again in the future. You are fambly (you can decide for yourself if you want to admit that or not).

Cheers.

Jim
You said it brother! The ADV community never ceases to amaze me, and brings this big 'ol planet a little closer together...
... all through the shared love of feeling the "breeze between your knees", the bugs on your goggles, the sand in your teeth, and the simple "twist of the wrist"!

So now after hearing the last RallyRaidio interview (and a most excellent one at that, a GREAT wrap up!)...

I think I know the Secret Sauce and his name is ....

... Robin!

Having a Dad like that will prepare you for a life event like the Dakar in so many ways -- it is now no surprise to me how this all came about! It was an "aha moment" to hear Robin speak and the 2 of them collaborate...
From the meticulous mindset, the dedication, the commitment, the carefulness and oh yeah all those apparent years of rally racing involvement! The chip does NOT land far off the old block!

So to see the picture of them on the podium together.. well that just did it for me!

Thank you PackMule and Pyndon for the time to let us all in on your journey. To the whole PynFam and PynCrew...

Congratulations on a job well done!

FindMeSpot ~~~ Spotwalla Baja Trip ~~~ Neduro Did Dakar!
snooker is offline   Reply With Quote