View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 10:03 PM   #3
gymply
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 221
Sounds like a great price, especially with the extended warranty. I traded in my '04 Heritage Softail for a new 2012 Road King in July. I have only put about 4K miles on it to date, BUT, it has been a really comfortable and enjoyable 4K. The thing just eats up the miles. Longest day I have had so far was a 600 miler over to visit my parents back in November. Felt like I was good for another 200 or 300 when I got there. I have put a few farkles on it since bringing it home, but the only thing that was really necessary to address was the seat and the handlebars. The stock bars had my 6' frame leaning just forward enough to be uncomfortable. I went with a set of 10-inch Mini Apes from Wild 1 Inc. They are not really apes (IMHO), but they are a couple of inches taller and have about 3 inches more pullback than the stock bars. Plus, I was able to use the stock clutch cable and brake line. I did have to solder in about 11 inches of wire for the switchgear. For the seat, I went with a Mustang Vintage Super Touring Seat. With these two additions, it fits me like a glove now. I can see me keeping this bike for a long, long time.
'14 FZ-09
gymply is offline   Reply With Quote