View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 10:50 PM   #33
BillyD
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeropoint View Post
I put the BDCW second fan and Rally Raid thermostatic fan switch on for a long trip to Italy last summer. Turns out it was their hottest for about 10 years and stayed in the high 30s, low 40s for most of the time. Phew. I reverted to the stock fan switch half way through as the fans were coming on too much of the time for my liking. The OEM fan has a shield that helps divert the blown hot air away from you. The second fan does not and blew the air straight at my leg.....

Billy D can vouch for the heat. We bumped into each other a couple of times in the same afternoon in Tuscany after a good lunch at Volpaia. Hey Billy how goes ?

Tim
It was indeed very hot in Tuscany when we bumped into Tim and Lucca. What a great place to ride.

Hey, Tim, looks like we'll be renting dualsports and doing off-road in Sardinia the last week of June. Alternately, come over here and ride some desert. I just picked up a guest bike. Then we could do some real fan testing.

KTM '08 690 RFR, '08 990Adv S (carbs), '07 640Adv, '03 540EXC, Ducati 851, Moto Guzzi 850 Lemans, Ercole & 2VT and Yamaha RD350.

BillyD screwed with this post 01-20-2013 at 10:58 PM
BillyD is offline   Reply With Quote