View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 11:16 PM   #29
BryanCO
CO Rider

Oddometer: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRG View Post

BryanCO - I'm starting to zero in on the Multistrada and am pleased to hear yours has been trouble free. If you don't mind - what about the 1000's makes you prefer it over the 620's? What's your tire choice for gravel? Any other mod's/setups that add to off pavement performance? Any specific years/models to avoid or seek?
]
1000/1100 vs 620 -- extra performance; single sided swing arm; better spec on some standard parts; availablility of the S version (I have the S with the ohlins).

I ride very little gravel. I don't mind gravel, just don't use the bike that way - just bought a Tiger 800 XC for that, and have a 450X.... I've been running Michelin Pilot Road 2CTs which is a sport touring type tire. A road/trail tire would be more suitable for dirt/gravel.

I've done a lot of mods to my 1000S but they were more for ergos and sport touring - well, and some jewelry....

With respect to gen 1 Multi's, I really haven't seen a trend in terms of issues with certain years. The 1100 was the last iteration and has a wet clutch. I like the dry clutch and run an open cover -- but many don't like it for various reasons.

I rode both the Tiger and Multi today -- both great fun. I kind of put the Multi up for sale (winter here CO so interest is low) but really think I need to keep it. For me, after 6+ years, it still puts a smile on my face every time I ride it.

Good luck with your search and do check out multistrada.net as you will be able to get a bunch more info than what I was able to supply.

Bryan
BryanCO is online now   Reply With Quote