View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 01:57 AM   #18145
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 18,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodovitch View Post
Heinz Kingadner, via FB:

"it was clear that it will be difficult for Cyril at the beginning of the rally without Marc as a reference, especially in the sections where the navigation was difficult." At the end, but then, it was the experience of the team, with the bike and the riders who have made it through. The top 5 on the KTM, which is really very impressive, but the highlight for me was Kurt Caselli. It came only a few days before Christmas to the team and then showed an outstanding performance at his first Dakar."

Kini telling it like we saw it
Guess that just answered the question as to who the new K(id on the block)TM rallye (alien grooming program) protogé is for 2013 onwards then...?

Now, I wonder if the other manufacturers can get some other "names" to cross over from WEC/GNCC/WORCS type competition into rallye... names like Knighter, Taddy, Josh Strang... maybe even some of the "soon to be expiry date" WEC stars...?

I always thought Shane Watt's would have had the gumbo and trailsmarts to do rally... I dunno how he felt about the navigation side of things though... but ride any bike over anything... that he can surely do without drama.

Formula 450cc may well just transform the Dakar and FIM Cross Country Rally into the desert version of WRC/F1 in the near future... Plenty of brands out there yet who haven't committed.

How many new/used hand me down/swap factory "original" engines did you say I can use to finish on again...?

The golden age of the four rider + factory squad could be on the way back in...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."

troy safari carpente screwed with this post 01-21-2013 at 02:08 AM
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote