View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 05:59 AM   #816
Kedgi OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by poolman View Post
Kedgi,

Lima is a big city, and I personally do not enjoy big cities in Peru or any other country when traveling by motorcycle.

One of the best experiences I have ever enjoyed was riding from Cusco through the Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu! The ride was only surpassed by the hospitality of the villagers. I hope you have the opportunity to travel through the Sacred Valley region, and if you do feel free to PM and I will be happy to provide route information.

All the Best,
I loved the Miraflores area of Lima. I hated riding in Lima but once you were in Miraflores with the bike parked it was great. I personally really enjoy being in big cities and just walking around looking at stuff. The pawnshop street in Lima was pretty cool. But I sit in the park and people watch, eat at a good cafe, walk the wide sidewalks have a coke at a cafe and watch people go by. I find it all very entertaining and relaxing. That liitle Pastryshop/restaurant called La Mora was excellent in my opinion. I loved going there.

I spoke to a guy at the hostal in Lima who rode the sacred valley on a 250 he rented. He loved it. Please do send me your route info by PM. That would be great

Thanks

Kedgi
Kedgi is offline   Reply With Quote