View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #5076
WVdyhrd
mudhole 400 guy

Oddometer: 2,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
Sounds like you should look at something like a Spot locator beacon. http://international.findmespot.com/
I definitely have. But the cost is a bit much. If I was doing long trips it'd be a must. If solo, and going off the beaten path everyone should let a family member or buddy know where they're off to, just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rocket View Post
I KNEW IT!

Whenever I ride someones bike w/ panniers in an offroad setting, I invariably run one into the back of my leg.
This was an adjustment for me. Went from a 400 Enduro to the tiger and it happened a few times. The worst experience is if you try to dap in heavy ruts or rocky terrain and your ends up between the bag and the alternatively elevated surroundings!

It just taught me to Keep feet on pegs, stand more, and generally you never know they are there.

You get used to them being there really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rocket View Post
or you fall alot.
This also isn't too uncommon . But I promise when it does, it usually means the risk was worth it. (note this is more likely to happen offroad, not dirtroad). Ya gotta realize many "county roads" in Appalachia invariably turn into mud covered quad trails and such. Once they get kinda nasty you usually don't want to backtrack out without at least trying to get through. It may take me a couple tries, but I promise to be entertaining in the interim.

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool." -Bill
Shakes

WVdyhrd screwed with this post 01-21-2013 at 11:15 AM
WVdyhrd is offline   Reply With Quote