View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #17
dpetersak OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
I got the forks and bars on. Now, I realize that I have a biased opinion, but... with those spindly 39mm Showa forks gone, those beefy 48mm WP forks change the entire look of the bike. It looks way more badass. And since I am ever conscious of weight, the WP forks weigh the same as the Showas.

I have the frame height set here at 8.5", which is about the same as the Kawasaki KLR 650 and the BMW GS 800, and slightly more than the popular BMW GS 1200. Both the KLR 650 and the GS 800 use a 21" front wheel also as I am. The front end will come down slightly without the knobby on it. The new tires will be here next week. The back wheel is currently a 150/80 16 that I will be switching to a 140/80 18 as soon as my wheel is done being laced. That will bring the back end up another .75". Trying the bike on for size, everything feels good. I don't feel "scrunched" like I do on the stock Sportster. My feet are back and I'm leaning slightly forward, more cafe style. I can put my feet flat on the ground. I think this will be the ideal set up for the type of terrain I want to cover. Next is the fairing.

[

dpetersak screwed with this post 01-25-2013 at 10:05 PM
dpetersak is offline   Reply With Quote