View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #180
BigEasy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nophix View Post
That's one beautiful Z!

What did you use to paint the grey plastic bits black? I'm looking at doing the same thing.
Thanks, I miss her pretty bad sometimes.

I painted the side covers with a rattle can. I can't remember if it was Duplicolor or Krylon formulated for plastics that was Black, not gloss or flat, just Black. I LIGHTLY scuffed them with a 3M green pad as in no real scratches, wipped them off with some alcohol and then a tack cloth. Then applied several light coats of paint. Patience is the key with the rattle can job, I would put a coat on in the morning before work and another when I got home. Did that about three or four days in a row. I was pretty pleased with the way they came out and several folks commented that it looked like it came from the factory that way (I doubt it was that good but it was nice to hear).

Just noticed your need for a plate bracket. After I went with the integrated taillight I found a bracket at a local dealer that mounts on the rear axle bolt, you can see that in the pics too. I never put a light on it, mostly because I try to not ride after dark, it's deer city where I live and pretty dicey after dark. I thought that if I ever did get busted I'd get a truck box light to velcro on it. I can't find a link to one but I saw them at Lowe's. Looks like a little Princetontec headlamp.

"Play hard and FLOOR IT" Stevie Ray Vaughan

just remember: the only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits

BigEasy screwed with this post 01-21-2013 at 12:28 PM
BigEasy is offline   Reply With Quote