View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 03:30 PM   #132
RedPower
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpbarlow View Post
And yet... Ducati keeps beating their sales goals and are growing market share while Suzuki motorcycle was and still may be close to life support.

It ain't all fluff, and they've probably done more development (and delivery on the development) than most, if not all, of the Japanese manufacturers. They've studied and reacted to what the market's wanted-- expanding beyond pure sport bikes, improving reliability, and lengthening service intervals. And they've done this while still keeping their distinctive cachet. It's currently a very smart and well-run company.
Thank You!
Well Said

DavidBanneronce again, Ducati thinking T&A will sell bikes. (#2 and #5)

it's 2013 fer chrissakes...the bikes still break and they're still too pricey. meanwhile, suzuki had an old fogey hanging out by the gixxers and hayabusas...because those bikes sell themselves (stone cold reliability and performance).

maybe Ducati needs to budget less money for marketing fluff and more for development

21K on a 999
36K on a 1st Gen Hyper
16K on a 1200 Multi
11K on another 1st Gen Hyper
1500 on a Panigale & no failures

Just lots of Gas, Tires & Oil Changes
Sure I've had to the check the valves, but after the intial break-in they've held good.
Only 4 sets of belts & now with the Panigale.....bye, bye belts

They may be a little more $$$ than the Japanese bikes but when most see one there's no mistaking it's a Ducati.
Japanese bikes on the other hand are cookie cutters.

I own an FZ1 also & everyone asks "what is it? Kawasaki? Suzuki?" etc.
15K & counting, the bike has been issue free also, but if it wasn't for the hard hitting powerband, it would have no Character.
That's why I will always own a Ducati
But to each their own.

Here's some "assets" some were looking for

RedPower screwed with this post 01-21-2013 at 03:39 PM
RedPower is offline   Reply With Quote