View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #133
Detale
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCGMB View Post
Motorcyling is intrinsically exclusive -- how many bikes do you see out there compared to cars? Ducati is just more EXPENSIVE than others.

I went to the Ducati display and was very impressed. Along with having all their new bikes easily accessible to look at and sit on (some other places -- e.g.Triumph -- were cramped, though Suzuki was very good), the female reps were actively walking around talking to everyone, with tablets in hand collecting feedback (and e-mail addresses). They actually seemed interested in what I had to say --- who knew?! Judging from their new model introductions, it appears they've been listening.

Plus I like espresso.
It all comes down to money. They cost more so they have more to spend on display space and marketing. Don't get me wrong I like them...alot, but I can't see spending that much on my hobby.

I also wouldn't categorize motorcycling as "exclusive" from what I've seen people who are new to it are welcomed in to the fold and I've been involved in many of the different internal clicks we have (sport bikes, pirates, choppers, vintage, dirtbike guys) Everyone seems pretty cool except for the occasional harley snob. There are more cars on the road because for most people they are more practical and easier to drive.
Detale is offline   Reply With Quote