View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 05:00 PM   #10
ParaMud
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarno123 View Post
Thanks a lot for your view on this! This is exactly what I was thinking as well! Few questions though.
Last time I wore those knee protectors I was 12 and running those inline skate things. The knee protecters were held in place with some Velcro. How about your protectors? Are they held in place with just a couple of straps? Is that secure enough? Because I can imagine that it gets loose, or slides when you crash, or if you go on rough roads.

I don't really get the pants part. I can see myself riding in your body armor with just a jersey over it, but to wear flimsy pants... I don't know. Why did you choose for your pants?
The pants are just basic abrasion protection.

Oh I also wear these under the pants.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dainese-hard-shorts?utm_source=product&kwd=&adtype=pla&kw={keyword}&gclid=CLSfi7rg-rQCFQioPAod7l8A2w

I would like to upgrade to Klim, but can't afford it right now. I bought the pants a long time ago before I truly knew about good gear.

The knee pads are held in place well but do pinch a bit under the knee. I am looking to sew some softer stuff on the straps. They are adjusted my velcro and have a quick disconect on the armor. You can see them on the left on the picture. As for them being to long for motorcross boots, they are fine for me, but I am 6'4.

The fox titan jacket has adjustability to keep it close to your body.