View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #328
therivermonster OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by redprimo View Post
The open time depends more on the temp and how much catalyst you rage gold is about the same as the other brands. where you will notice the difference is that it has a finer texture so it spreads smoother and it sands eaiser. ALso your sand paper will last longer.

Most of the time you will get a better surface with a putty knife than with a bondo spreader. also if you take a plastic bondo spreader and "sharpen" it on some sand paper, which will require you to take it up to 600 wet dry, you will also get a better surface.
Thanks for the update. I'm excited to try the Gold out. I have metal putty knives, so I'll give those a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post
You might see those deep scratches as a print in your mould. It depends on how the wax, and release agent filled in said deep scratches. If they do appear, they are easier to get rid of in the mould, as they are now inverted.
That's funny that you say that. The scratches were evident in the mold and have since been wet sanded and polished out. The epoxy sanded very well, but it didn't turn out as shiney as I had expected. The project post has more details about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTrider16 View Post
I'm really enjoying watching you're diy projects. Fantastic job.

David
Hey, MTrider! Thanks for hanging out! I love these kinds of threads, so I am very happy that I have been able to provide one of my own.

My Virgin ADV Trip
, Rocks Flyin', Me Cryin', and God Looking On - A WABDR Adventure, Fun With Carbon Fiber
therivermonster is offline   Reply With Quote