View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #42
wizz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,005
I have not ridden the litre bike, but there was an article a while back titled something like "do you need a litre bike". The author concluded that in most real world riding the nimbleness of the 620 is more usable than the litre's extra power. I have pilot road 3s as they are a great all around tire, haven't tried anything more aggressive but there are options out there. The bike is light, the range is not bad but not great. The stock forks are weak, but evolution suspension replace with gsxr innards or traxxion makes a kit. If I were to be in the market today I would either look for a cheap 620 as the suspension sorting is 2k or get an 1100s as that engine is sweet and everyone that has owned one talks about its amazing road manners. Check out webbikeworld.com for good info on the 620, canyonchasers.com and strada-avventurosa.com as well. Canyonchasers is particularly fond of the litre multi and avventurosa has nice off road farkles with pics. neither the multi or the strom are "off road" bikes but they have the travel to handle most surfaces. I have buddies with stroms, good reliable bike that does zilch for me. love the sound and feel of the duc, would only trade mine for the 1200 and the air cooled 620 and litre mills are quite bulletproof and not that difficult to work on. just my $.02.
wizz is offline   Reply With Quote