View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #89
Mike in Atlanta
Oh Noes

Oddometer: 989
Hi Grad,

Doubt you remember me from Bob's tech day 4 or 5 years ago, heck it might have been even longer now.

Anyway, same boat, we now have a 5 month old at home. Once I knew my wife was pregnant, I just could not bring myself to go take a ride and not "think" about what might happen. It changed riding for me completely, as it is always in the back of my mind. It was completely unexpected and took me by surprise, one day I realized that it had been 10 months since the GS had left the shop and over a year since I rode north of 53. I have been in the process of getting the GS ready to go on the chopping block, so to speak. Of course part of me thinks "keep riding, keep living etc" but on the other hand the numbers don't lie about the increased risk with riding. I plan on selling the bike, spending a few quality years with the boy and once he is old enough to start riding dirt bikes then I will gradually get back into dual sports/dirt bikes. I grew up riding with my Father and recently learned the only time in his life he did not have a motorcycle was from the time I was born to my 5th bd when he brought home a pair of RMs for the both of us.

07 R1200GS
Mike in Atlanta is offline   Reply With Quote