View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 09:26 PM   #330
therivermonster OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
Damn nice work rivermonster!

I may have to try US Composites epoxy/hardener as it's a lot cheaper than the West Systems 105 + hardener I'm used to using. Old habits die hard I guess.

What's up with US composites website? No pictures of any products and when I clicked on the link for the Kleen Klay I got a blank page. The FEIN websites "find a dealer" link comes up as a blank page too.

Keep up the good work!
Thanks, b!

I have heard that the West Systems epoxy is good stuff, but I've never used it myself. I like the 635 epoxy from US Composites quite a bit. It's fairly affordable as far as epoxy goes, it's easy to work with, you can purchase the pumps from USC which makes dispensing very easy, and it's strong with a good TG. Try some out.

I just visited the US Composites website and the kleen klay link worked for me. Their site is somewhat quirky and not layed out anything like I would like it to be, but they have good prices, a fair selection of products, and good service, so what are you gonna do.

I just tried to get onto the Fein website and it was working really quirky, so maybe something techy is wrong with the site right now.

Anyhow, I'll keep plugging away. What kind of projects have you been working on?

BTW, if any of you out there reading this thread are working on any composites projects yourself, please feel free to post some pics and details of what you are doing. I would love to read about it, and I'm sure that others could learn a lot as well.

My Virgin ADV Trip
, Rocks Flyin', Me Cryin', and God Looking On - A WABDR Adventure, Fun With Carbon Fiber
therivermonster is offline   Reply With Quote