Thread: Manti - Wow
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 05:42 AM   #49
wiseanhyzer
\ˈwī-zən-ˌhī-zər\

Oddometer: 1,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-Bellied Sneetch View Post
In those quotes, he does not say that they met in person. He says that she "saw him at one of the games." Those are two different things.
Quote:
TE'O: We met just, ummmm, just she knew my cousin. And kind of saw me there so. Just kind of regular.
Ok. Would you assume that when someone says "we met just, just she knew my cousin" that they had never met in person? That's not "we never actually met in person." That was "we met through my cousin". He knew everyone would assume they met in real life.

What I now think happened: He got "catfished". Big time. But he embellished his relationship with her way too much and made it into something it wasn't because of the media attention. He lied and said they had met. He told his Dad they met when she came to visit him in Hawaii. He said she was the love of his life (even though he'd never laid eyes on her in real life). He talked about being on the phone with her while she was in a coma and her breathing picked up. He publicly built the relationship up into something it wasn't because he liked all the attention he gained from the tragedy.

And now that everyone knows it wasn't real he looks twice as foolish. He got catfished and then he told fishing stories.

wiseanhyzer is offline   Reply With Quote