View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #1427
Hay Ewe
Just a Wannabe

Oddometer: 2,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by squonker View Post
My friend has an '02 (series 2) Disco with a rad leak. He was going to to use Bar's Leak or an egg to try to fix it (he doesn't have a lot of money), but he says it is a sealed unit. Anyone have any tips I can pass on to him? It's his wife's car and she can't turn the heater on because the smell from the leak makes her sick so he is getting a hard time from her about it! They would have to get a loan to get it fixed at the dealer so he is looking for other alternatives. Any tips I can pass on to him?

Cheers
The TD5 engine uses the other type of coolant fluid (not sure which) and so the additives may not work or as well. In addition, he needs to be very careful about driving it, loosing not too much cooling can kill the engine, and that will be much more expensive than a coolant.

I am a member of AULRO (australia Land rover Owners) forum and they are very help full and can give guidance.

this wont actually solve teh overall problem may give some good info as to help deal with the current situation.
Of course, a replacement radiator or a repair the current one is possible with out goign to the stealer ship

hope that helps

Hay Ewe
He'd swear a lot, dance on the log cards, piss in Johnny's beer and head off to the nearest bar 🍷
Hay Ewe is offline   Reply With Quote