Thread: star tron
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 07:44 AM   #53
kantuckid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minisquatch View Post
As the owner of a small engine repair shop with over 25 years experience, I will tell you not to use fuel additives. We have been mandated 10% ethanol fuel where I live and work. Another few years and maybe 15% and I will be retired in the bahamas with all the money made from fuel system repairs. Yep, ethanol is the greatest thing to happen to me.
(I use startron-but what do i know?)
Hey "one wife", whats a good solution for storing fuel in my Kohler Command Pro sawmill engine? I've tried red Stabil & still had to drain "old fuel"before use. This most recent time the plastic bodies OEM pulse fuel pump has a split end on it. Does the 10% fuel split the plastic or just a "plastic problem"? The fuel filters seem to clog after a few months storage. I have a shed roof over the engine. Maybe a small electric fuel pump instead?
Star tron will help me store fuel in the engines tank for several months w/o problems?
FWIW, why not retire some place not so crowded as the Bahamas...
"If I had my life to live over,I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up.I'd be sillier than this trip, take fewer things seriously, I would take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges, at age 85
kantuckid is offline   Reply With Quote