View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #99
eatpasta OP
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 9,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBob View Post
Thanks for sharing. I know how much work goes into posting these reports.
So, what was the deal with the Nuvi ( which I have)? Were you supposed to buy a Garmin CD of Mexico?
I couldn't tell if you had paved road options all the way down. I'm thinking of riding my Concours down that way and camping about half the time.
When I last toured in Mexico I was on my brand new 1975 Norton and spent some time bitching about the Americanization of Mexico.
Im pretty disappointed with the Nuvi. Even in the US you can be on a two lane road that doesnt even show up on the map. Yeah it does some topographical stuff but thats pretty cool but what good is it if it cant help you navigate?
I updated the maps just before we left so I was really hoping this wouldnt be an issue. My old GPS (2720 I think?) you could be in the middle of freaking NOWHERE and there would be a deer track off into the woods and it would show up on the GPS. This one.....hell half the time we were in Mexico we weren't on any "road", but usually which was more maddening, the "road" was a half mile to the left or right and it was telling us we were either in the water or in the mountain.
This is why I never put too much trust into these

Tooling aroung Baja in the 70's on a Norton must have been a blast!!!

I wasnt even an idea in '75...... do you have any pics from that trip? You should do a retro-ride-report

Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote