View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #14
AaronC50 OP
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitesurfer View Post
FREE camping can be found on the banks of the Amicacola River, on a dirt road 7 miles north of the georgia hwy 53 bridge...a few miles west of dawsonville ga. no facilities, but on the river banks..very clean..police patrolled. under $10 a night campiing at DEAL'S GAP. (NC)

South Carolina--free camping on the banks of the Chatooga River (but a short hike down, unless you can ride your bike on a trail)
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmo View Post
I stayed at Fontana Village last year and it's a bit pricy, especially when compared to other places around there. Deals Gap hotel has camping right on site, and I have camped there as well. Seems to me it was maybe 10.00 a night. Camping at several other places in the area as well. Almost every state park will offer camping at a reasonable price. In Kentucky the "resort" parks will not only have camping, but also offer lodges (pricy) with restaurants(good and reasonable ) and swimming pools and/or lake swimming (free). I have not done any camping in NC or SC for many years. Can't comment on prices or conditions from current knowledge of any particularly, but state parks are usually nice and reasonably priced in my experience.

Thanks guys! Ill have to look into these areas. I made up a rough draft of what I think I'll do. I've included everyones suggestions on here and it actually made a really nice circle. Here it is: http://goo.gl/maps/tLTmU

Ill try to include those camping areas as well. I don't plan on utilizing any hotels unless its absolutely necessary. Ill probably end up brushing my teeth in a starfucks or something and using their wifi and what not for uploading pictures.

I would still be more than glad to take anyone elses suggestions!
AaronC50 is offline   Reply With Quote