View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #6682
Rocky TFS
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaM View Post
Is the power cable an integral part of the rugged mount? I can't find a pic that shows how the cable hooks in. I've always been able to have a cable on each bike and just move the cradle to the bike I was using. I don't even see a separate part number for the power cable though. Am going to need the rugged cradle with power cable for each bike?
Yes, the cable is part of the mount and although it can be removed it's not something you'd want to do routinely.
No, you don't have to buy a mount for each bike, just add an SAE connector on each bike and the mount, then swap the mount along with it's cables. You will have to figure out a way to coil and/or shorten the cable that allows for the different configuration of each bike. Some velcro bands like musicians or electricians use to keep wires and cables from turning into rat's nests would make it fast and clean.

I would get a Ram ball for each bike, that will make the swap into a 15 second affair.

Edit: Sheesh, in the time it took me to type this reply three people beat me to it!!!
Rocky TFS is offline   Reply With Quote