View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 04:40 PM   #9
rodmuzwa OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
Beer update:

While sat minding my own business last night and reading various posts on ADVrider (great toilet reading for the discerning biker) my 9 year old son sneaked through to my toilet. Now, he moves like a feckin ghost and is undetectable to the human ear. As I was engrossed in my reading, the first I knew he was there was when he said "you ok Dad?" I would have shit myself with fright had I not already been shitting myself. I told him to jump into my bed and go back to sleep. I wasn't sure how that would work as the toilet fan was noisily working overtime desperately trying to draw some clean air into the loo, but thought it a classier option than a middle of the night conversation while I was dealing with another matter! Anyway, shortly after, I stood up and held on to the wall for a minute or so to allow some blood back into my now dead legs (all toilet readers have been there) and to stop me falling over when I took my first tentative steps back to bed! Got to the bed and it turns out my 10 year old daughter was also in there snuggled next to Mum. My daughter clearly has a little more decorum than my son, having had no desire to visit me in the toilet! No room at the inn for me then. Off to the spare room it was. Probably a good move so as to prevent any further disruption should I be called away again.
Sleep came quickly, but after what felt like moments I was awaken by Mrs. She was looking very sultry and I thought "way hey, your luck is in here!" In my "lack of sleep induced daze" I'd momentarily forgotten the events of earlier and sadly mistook tired for sultry. She hadn't had much sleep either as the kids had been very restless through the night whilst in bed with her and she'd just got up to get ready for work. "Kettle is on" she said lovingly, which is generally my cue to get up and make a cup of tea. Tea it was then and both kids still fast asleep in my bed!

rodmuzwa screwed with this post 01-22-2013 at 05:26 PM
rodmuzwa is offline   Reply With Quote