View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #1655
PackMule
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Boy_Slim View Post
Member Wideload is a marshal so we can be sure of one interview.

Seriously I would look to approach the non UK based riders and focus in on them so the folks back home get that ringside seat that your recordings do. The TT is similar to the Dakar in that it attracts the amateur with a dream and sometimes their stories are the most interesting. If you could get Manx telecom on board to help with the mobile charges that could make it a lot cheaper, but if you are coming over I guess you would be recording it then uploading it. Manx telecom could help with a dongle.

Sounds like a fun project let me know if you need any logistics input. I have a couple of connections over there that might be useful
Just for clarification, I have no plans to make it to the TT personally (yet). It's on the bucket list, though.

I absolutely think the privateer aspect of it lends itself to a similar approach as the Dakar call ins. If anyone here knows a privateer who wants to share their story, let me know.

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote