Thread: star tron
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 10:58 PM   #56
Minisquatch
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
Hey "one wife", whats a good solution for storing fuel in my Kohler Command Pro sawmill engine? I've tried red Stabil & still had to drain "old fuel"before use. This most recent time the plastic bodies OEM pulse fuel pump has a split end on it. Does the 10% fuel split the plastic or just a "plastic problem"? The fuel filters seem to clog after a few months storage. I have a shed roof over the engine. Maybe a small electric fuel pump instead?
Star tron will help me store fuel in the engines tank for several months w/o problems?
FWIW, why not retire some place not so crowded as the Bahamas...
Maybe Belize-the Macafee place may be for sale soon!

FWIW, the ethanol actually cleans the crud from the fuel tank, thats why the filters are cloggging.
My standby generator has a auxillary tank filled with SEF storage fuel made by VP racing. The carb and fuel line are ran dry and then I switch it over to the storage fuel. The plastic fuel pumps are kind of cheap to begin with and the fuel doesn't help. I use startron in my riding mower and have not had any problems with the plastic fuel pump (it is the original pump from 1984). But, I do keep a spare on hand because a lot of my customers have had problems with them while doing the same thing as me.
If you use a electic pump make sure to get a pressure regulator and set it to about .5 to 1 lb of pressure. The needle and seat in your carb are designed for gravity feed or very low pressure.
The best thing you can do for your sawmill is start it once a month and let it run for a while. This will keep the fuel mixed up and the passages in the carb from developing varnish.
1980 KZ1300
1983 TT600
1948 country squire
Minisquatch is offline   Reply With Quote