View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 03:53 AM   #8731
Sundowner
Total Cahn

Oddometer: 3,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Erzenberg View Post
Have heard a lot of good things about Caroona Creek Conservation Park
It's seriously over-rated. The public tracks lead nowhere and there's SFA to see on the other side of the ridge, other than mobs of mindless emus. You can't have a campfire and last time I was there, there wasn't even a single Swedish backpacking troupe to be seen. As far as holiday destinations go, it was very disappointing. The area around there is another thing entirely. It's a favorite riding area of mine - been out there quite a few times now. Beats the hell out of the mallee area. Mt Bryan East area school is the place to stay. See my 24hrs in 4 Days RR to see a little of what it has to offer. It's a great weekender run. Will always be thankful to Mid-North inmates DustySnow and Dodgy for introduciong me to this area. Love it. Get yourself a copy of the Carto Graphics "Mid North SA" map from their shop on Unley Road, Unley. Unlocks a lot of great riding/exploring.
Say 3 Hail KLRs and recite the old Honda "skid demon" warning 3 times." - CA Stu.
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote