View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 07:11 AM   #38
aposaric OP
Garden mechanic ;-)

Oddometer: 266
The weight of the forks is pretty much the same, but USD ones look much beefier, and they work well, because my original ones were badly repaired and were all flimsy an what not.

Od new USD

Od new USD

I am going to take both tripple trees to the machine shop an have them machine or swap center columns from zzr to zxr tripple trees, so I can keep original top and bottom bearings and continue with the build

Od new USD

I am still deciding on the colour of the brake calipers. I am not sure about the red ones, so maybe they go black or even white, I will have to sleep on that one :-)

Od new USD

I am looking forward to getting this part finished so I can buy the tires and finally roll this bike around and start working on the ergonomics and electrics. I am still trying to source a nice rear monoshock but it is a real pain in the ass to find a good working one, and unfortunately, no one can repair the existing one so I will keep it untill I find a better one.

I am really happy with how easy this bike is to work with, It takes around 5 minutes to replace the rear shock, or 10 minutes to completely dissasemble the front end.

Cheers

andrija
aposaric is online now   Reply With Quote