View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #13
TheOtherBart
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post
Got a heater core, 1/2" to 5/8" heater adaptor and a 12V heater for $67 bucks. Bypassed heater core and put heater in vehicle. Good for today. Oh, by the way NAPA sucks. I asked for an adaptor and he didn't have any left and he said those small heaters are junk. WTF, customer service fail. I just walked out and went to O'Reilys instead. Great guys.

I can return the heater core if I decide to buy another vehicle. Going to call local guy and ask how much to put in my new core. Probably won't be under warranty, but who cares. That's where I'm at now.
If push comes to shove and you get stuck in conditions where your windshield is icing up you can always drive with one hand and hold that 12V heater up to the inside of the windshield with the other. I drove 40 miles like that at 20 MPH through freezing rain on the interstate heading back to Indiana from Cleveland in my Chevy Cavalier with a bypassed heater core back in college. The heater would keep a dinner plate sized hole clear, enough that I only had to pull over and scrape a couple of times.
TheOtherBart is offline   Reply With Quote