View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #28
mrmgoo
beemerscoot

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagyarMan View Post
Turned 65 last month and began riding again 2 years ago after being away from bikes for 30 years (wife,kids,house.etc.)
My son who I ride with says after about 1/2 hour of riding or so I start to ride like I've never stopped. My 67 year old cousin says "you're too old to ride a motorcycle". I said "well I made it to your house and it's 70 miles from my place"!

Yes I am a bit stiff and sore after my rides ,but that's what hot showers and Alieve are for.

My son and I are planning a 300 mile over night trip this spring on our trusty Suzuki TU250's
Turned 86 last New Years....still riding 8 to ten thousand a year. Started in the Spring of '46 on My first Harley,a '39 Knuckle head. Just to give You a little idea of My ridingabilities,I rode My '04 V-rod on My annual trip out West this Year. ( I live in VA. ) I made Glacier Park...Bear tooth pass....Yellowstone and all the good places while I was there.I bought a C 650 GT Beemer scoot for the trip this coming Summer,and I think it will do fine. I have put 1300 miles on it so far and with the big wheels and beefy frame it feels like My Electraglide. Anymore it feels better to have the weight a little lower to the ground! Harley....80% effort...20% pleasure.with the Scooter....10% effort ...90% pleasure! I'm gonna enjoy the difference! Mrmgoo....ride safe.....and often.
mrmgoo is offline   Reply With Quote