View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #15543
some call me...tim
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
One of my first mods was to improve the passenger seat for the wife. Removed the seat cover, which is a stupid color anyway, and of poor grade vinyl so it gets sticky if it gets any sun exposure. Ground down the center to creat more dish while leaving the front it's full height. This took away a lot of the slope, and made it more of a saddle dish shape. Then added 1" of mid-density foam and made a new cover with carbon fiber look vinyl, and added a back pad to the top box. She is good for a couple of hundred miles now, no problem. We stop frequently anyway to get off and stretch, etc.
That looks great, very professional looking. Has anyone tried doing similar treatment to the front seat? One of my few gripes so far is the comfort of the seat after an hour or so. It's not horrible, but I definitely get pressure points after the foam has compressed a bit. I know there are options like Corbin or Renazco, but they're both spendy, and I'm not a big fan of the Corbin design, and not sure I have the patience for Renazco.
some call me...tim is offline   Reply With Quote