View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #61
Bueller OP
Cashin?

Oddometer: 17,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
Sorry to hijack the car thread back on topic, but I gotta start car shopping. Put $800 in the wifes van last month, now it's back in again, looking at $500 more. At this rate, it's not worth trying to get it to the 10 year point we agreed to keep it and we're going to replace it now.

The fun part is, not counting on being shopping for another two years, neither of us have a clue what we want. Looking at anything from new minivans/suv's in the mid $30's down to beater, just get us those next two years $2k cars(still got that taurus Bueller?)
Heading out to drive the dealer strip right now. Always wait till it's below 20 to go car shopping.
Yea, I still have the Taurus It's on ebay right now. but if I were you I wouldn't go that direction. Last month I knocked $5700 (between the new vehicle and the value of the trade) off of the deal I was offered on a high demand vehicle - a JK Unlimited Rubicon. If I was able to move them that far on something they can't get enough of, you certainly can make a dealer move farther on something with either greater supply or less demand. It's not a bad time to buy a new car if you know what you are doing.

Since you previously mentioned Chrysler when we last discussed your current vehicle, if you go that direction with a minivan I can attest to the power of the 3.6 Liter V-6. However, Wranglers aside I am not a Chrysler fan, nor can I attest to any long term quality with respect to the engine or their vehicles. Of course, considering your current spectacular piece of shit, how much worse can it get

"bueller, you ARE an island of reason in a sea of bullshit" - quasigentrified
Bueller is offline   Reply With Quote