View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #65
chrish4ku OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 759
The Winner is..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by David37 View Post
I normally would recommend repairing your bike, the damage "appears" to be mostly comestic with some bent parts. The insurance offer is very, very generous, IMO I would take the money and buy me a new KTM and some new riding gear and enjoy.

Well,

They have decided to max out my "accessories" to $3K as I had a ton of farkles on the bike and provided receipts, photos, and comparables. This has made my decision easier since I know have enough $$$ to replace the bike and comparable items. The estimator suggesting the frame was bent sort of put me on this track as I don't want to gamble on that and there is no way of knowing unless I buy it and take it apart. It would now be within my budget to buy a 2010 used, and have SuperPlush upgrade the suspension. $4K to buy it back is a bit much - if it was like $3K I'd do it.

For someone with the time, expertise, and know how - they will be seeing this show up at auction somewhere in CA I would guess. I have no idea what Progressive does or their process but they have been good to me so far in this process. Local claim rep who picks up the phone - what a novel concept.

My key witness today also submitted a written deposition to progressive. He did one hell of a job backing me up - so I am sure this will really help me keep my record clean.

Here is a copy of the appraisal - or at least the portion of it with the VIN. If anyone can figure out where she ends up - let me know!!!!

It's bitter sweet for me as I put many many trips on her. She never let me or my wife down.

Just search my name and you'll see......

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I fully intend to pick another winner here soon, when I find that just right bike. I appreciate all the responses to this thread - it's really helped in more ways than one. I'll post up any updates as they happen and for the LOVE OF GOD please assume these pedestrians WILL place themselves in front of you at any given time.

And - NEVER leave home without your protective gear - not even for a short ride in town! Going to the store can be hazardous to your health..

Ride Safe
2011 KTM 990 Adventure / KTM 500 EXC
Chris' Sat Tracker
chrish4ku is offline   Reply With Quote