View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #22
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
Hard to beat Rukka in overall quality and performance. BMW stuff doesn't come close to having the fit and finish of Rukka and we have a few top BMW pieces of gear currently to directly compare, not just my guess, and have had others over the years. BMW is higher quality than most more common gear found in the USA though and is good stuff, just not quite as refined as Rukka.
not familiar with Armas ... with a three layer Gortex, looks extremely weatherproof and HOT in extreme heat.

how does this jacket feel in 105f+ temps?
or low as 90f?

all multi-layer Goretex jackets start feeling uncomfortably hot at about 85f for me...
that's when Motoport mesh Kevlar comes out ... which sucks in nasty wet weather despite Motoport's claims of being an all weather suit.
BS who wants to put up with a soaked suit in cold/wet nasty condition? even if your insides are dry...

which goes back to two suits for all conditions ... Mesh suits with a bulky oversuit, to me is really two suits. who wants to screw with an extra layer while putting up with all the wires for a heated suit?

have not found a cleaner way to handle heated gear than with one piece Roadcrafter. which is a pita going into restaurants ... sure wish there was truly a One suit that does it all! ... don't think it exist yet...

---------
"Armas"

Materials:
- Gore-Tex Pro Shell 3-layer laminate with Armacor product technology, combination of high-tech fibres aramid (Kevlar) and Cordura
- Waterproof Gore Lockout closure in front
- Tear and abrasion resistant GTX Super Fabric reinforcements
- Cuffs and detachable collar of elastic 3-layer Gore-Tex fabric

_cy_ screwed with this post 01-23-2013 at 05:54 PM
_cy_ is offline   Reply With Quote