View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 07:19 PM   #15546
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 5,058
Custom Seat Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by some call me...tim View Post
That looks great, very professional looking. Has anyone tried doing similar treatment to the front seat? One of my few gripes so far is the comfort of the seat after an hour or so. It's not horrible, but I definitely get pressure points after the foam has compressed a bit. I know there are options like Corbin or Renazco, but they're both spendy, and I'm not a big fan of the Corbin design, and not sure I have the patience for Renazco.
Thanks. I've done just a few different seats but have been doing uphostery stuff and marlinspike work for years.

I find the stock seat one of the best I've ever seen (the new explorer is even nicer) so I haven't messed with it. But if you could figure out what would help you personally you could probably get a good upholsterer to make the mods for you for a couple hundred bucks. Seats are really pretty simple. The custom covers are what costs.

I did a DIY/How-to thing on the Versys owners forum that has a ton of links for other custom seat info, and materials sources. There are quite a few seat mod people in there too. You don't need to join the forum to read the thread, has 6K views! http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11152&highlight=custom+seat

If the seat isn't comfortable then riding the bike is no fun!
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote