View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #27
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
Because on that same ride where I rode through OK in a heat wave, I also rode though snow and days of cold rain in Idaho, Oregon, Washington, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, etc.
I was relatively comfortable and completely dry the whole time.

I have BMW mesh gear, it's great for local rides around town where I don't want to get wet with a vest but have tried to travel with it and it was a disaster. Mesh doesn't cool the air around you, and with too much airflow your sweat will not have time to cool you down. 100 hot air blowing on you is still 100 hot air blowing on you, with a gortex jacket with some airflow and a vest the temperature around your body is much cooler than the outside air. Personal air conditioning that you can't get if there's too much airflow. That's been my experience, we are all different ya know.
It is extremely comfortable in 80-100 weather with a cool vest in the Armas.

I'm talking about a versatile do it all suit and how I do it in the Armas to directly answer the OP's question, not talking about what kind of specialized gear is best in specific types of riding. Everything is a compromise, I choose to have to use a cool vest when I travel so I can stay warm and dry on the other days.
ok.. we are on the same page... except I chose to take two suits with me. instead of having to use a cooling vest from 80-100f.
would rather not compromise on my comfort ... which is where Klim is headed with their mesh suit with a full coverall for nasties. essentially two suits...

which leads back to my earlier comment about starting to think it's not possible for one suit to do it all. it takes two suits...

_cy_ screwed with this post 01-23-2013 at 07:04 PM
_cy_ is online now   Reply With Quote