View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 07:13 PM   #9
Ranger Rob OP
Out and about...

Oddometer: 352
3 Guys, 8 Days and 4700km Bris to Bairnsdale VIC

Day 6 of the 8 day odyssey.

After a good night's sleep in our tents, and feeling refreshed from a pretty early night, it was onwards for Oberon today.

There were some pressing issues back home for one of the guys, and to be honest we all were a bit weary at this stage.
So, we would do the last of our "special" bits but make up some time on the slab back towards Brissie over the next couple of days. No.Not the bloody Pacific Hwy the more Western route.

Great roads out of Jingellic (heading East) and the first proper view of fire damage to the region just out of town.
We took off through Wee Jasper and loved it. Even though it was forestry, it was still nice out here.

Then we tore through some really pretty landscapes..

By now Pete's tyre on the DR650 was rooted. We decided to get to somewhere with the likelihood of a replacement.

The service at this bike shop was fantastic. Chris Weekes Yamaha in Goulburn is A+ in our books.
The young fella removed the wheel, fitted and balanced the new tyre, refitted the wheel and then lubed the chain!!
Great service for about what you'd pay a normal stealership who just throws the tyre on the rim and rolls it out the door at you.

I was also looking for a tyre for my 990 at this stage. Although not down as much as Pete's i was wondering if my MT21 would get me home considering we were going to do a bit on the slab..

Everyone had new tyres for the trip except Shakey who put on his preused scorpion front.

We got to Oberon and decided that it was time for a cool drink, find a room and talk crap.
We got a room each and got to put the bikes in the beer garden around the back that was secured with massive steel gates. All good.

The old fella that lives at the pub was "Jack" and was as dry as an old cow cocky's boot. Blunt as, and then once he decided that you were ok would talk your ears off.
True to form he was up at 0700 to open the gates for us the next morning. Thanks old mate

A local ADVrider inmate came over and had a bit of a chat as well. He has a DRZ400 he's tarted-up for adventure riding.
Here he is checking out Pete's DR. Did i mention that Pete's speedo is shit????

Our new friend was impressed with Pete's rubber!

Quiet night with a good meal at the pub. It was Schnitzel night after all! (No fellas...not what you're thinking )

See ya tomorrow.