View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 09:01 PM   #15547
DennyMyBoy
Hoping for a Tiger

Oddometer: 34
Update on Tiger 800xc Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyMyBoy View Post
I live in the northeast USA, and leaning strongly toward the Tiger 800XC. Or at least I was until I spotted photos of the new Tiger Sport!

There is a brand new one sitting on the floor of a nearby dealer. Been there for much of the past year. Color white which I like but may not be as much in demand. List price is $11,999, plus destination of something like $800.

My question is, how much of a discount do you think the dealer might be open to? I know this is highly subjective and dependent upon a ton of variables. Wondering about going in with cash in hand and offering $2,000 or more off the price . . . since its the dead of winter, its now 2013 and that bike is a 2012, and the new bikes (including the afore mentioned Tiger Sport) keep being introduced.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Ok, so here's the update. Made a pretty low offer today to the dealer. '12 leftover 800xc in the color I want. His counter offer was $10,700 plus sales tax and some document fees. Freight and prep are waived. Additionally, there are 2 accessories I'd like which add up to about $500, for those there was no discount and about $100 to install. I asked if he could move any further to meet my offer which was still $1300 lower for total OTD, his words were, "I'm all in."

Looks like about $2,000 discounted from full list and the usual freight and prep charges.

What do you think? Is there wisdom in trying to further negotiate? We are in the middle of an intense cold spell. the least appealing month, for most people, to buy! Looking for a great deal, plus a good long term relationship for service needs.

Thanks!
DennyMyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote